Hello everybody! Today I am going to, again, be trekking through my quest to share some very awesome quotes with you all! I have already posted two installments in the quote saga. You can see them here:
You can either check those out before or after you read this post, but there are some awesome quotes from some awesome people on those lists! Maybe you’ll even find a new book or author!
Anyways…Todays installment has to do with one of my FAVORITE books! Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. There are so many wonderful quotes from that book, some heart-wrenching, some sweet, and some just plain funny. I have narrowed it down to my top 8 favorite quotes from Fangirl, and today I am going to share them with you!
Please note: I give full credit to the author of these quotes. I have read Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell, but I found most of these quotes on Goodreads.com. These are in no specific order, and this is just my personal opinion. =D Happy reading!
Without further ado let’s get this Rainbow Rowell/Fangirl party started!
1. “To really be a nerd, she’d decided, you had to prefer fictional worlds to the real one.”
I love this quote so, so much! This is probably my favorite quote from the entire book. I just need it on a poster…and a tee-shirt…and a billboard.
2. “I don’t trust anybody. Not anybody. And the more I care about someone, the more sure I am they’re going to get tired of me and take off.”
I put this quote on this list for a few reasons. One: It’s beautiful. Two: I feel like this was said at a very pivotal point in the story. The moment that this was said, we learned so much about Cath and her character. And so every time I hear this quote it reminds me of that really sweet moment in the book.
3. “Real life was something happening in her peripheral vision.”
I feel like this is a quote that we can all relate to on some level. Obviously I/we still focus on real life, but most of the time my head is in the clouds. Or at least at Hogwarts or Camp Half-Blood.
4. “I choose you over everyone.”
I don’t even really know what to say about this one. It is just so sweet and it is even sweeter when you know the context. This quote just says so much about Levi’s character and really the entire story. I’ll admit, my heart melted when he said this…
5. “Sometimes writing is like running downhill, your fingers jerking behind you on the keyboard the way your legs do when they can’t quite keep up with gravity.”
There are so many reasons why this quote is perfect. One of them being the absolute truth of it.
6. “I’m scared of everything. And I’m crazy. Like maybe you think I’m a little crazy, but I only ever let people see the tip of my crazy iceberg. Underneath this veneer of slightly crazy and socially inept, I’m a complete disaster.”
In which Miss Rowell describes me in a few sentences.
7. “To stop being anything or anywhere at all.”
This is from the scene when Professor Piper asks the class why they write fiction. This is an answer that Cath gives in her head. And it describes writing so perfectly that nothing can top it.
8. “’Why do we write fiction?’ Professor Piper asked.
Cath looked down at her notebook.
Well, that’s it! Thank you for sticking around and giving these Rainbow Rowell quotes the attention that they deserve! Rainbow Rowell really is wonderful writer and I couldn’t be happier that I decided to read Fangirl.
I hope you enjoyed these quotes! If you haven’t already, you should read Fangirl.
If you have read Fangirl, what are your favorite quotes from it? Do you have any authors that you find very quotable?
Tell me in the comments below! I would love to hear from you!
I will have a new post up soon!
PS: Connect with Rainbow Rowell!