Hey guys! Today I am going to be adding the 5th installment in my quote saga! Where I highlight some of my favorite quotes from specific authors, genres, and books!
You can check out the first 4 installments here:
Today we are going to be adding to that list my Top 15 Most Amazing (and inspiring) Quotes from Everything, Everything. Everything, Everything is a novel by Nicola Yoon that I recently picked up and read through (no sleep was involved. It was, however, compromised.) This book was basically one giant quote because it was beautiful and so full of feels! (review coming soon) But today we are going to be narrowing down to just some of the wonderful quotes that can be found in this book.
Disclaimer: All of these quotes were found on either goodreads.com or in my hardcover copy of the book. All credit goes to the author of these quotes, Nicola Yoon. These will be in no specific order because asking me to narrow it down from the whole entire book to fifteen quotes was hard enough. Ranking them would just be evil. 😉
Without further ado, let’s get this Maddy and Olly party started!
- “Everything’s a risk. Not doing anything’s a risk. It’s up to you.”
- “spoiler alert: Love is worth everything. Everything.”
- “Life is a gift. Don’t forget to live it.”
- “Sometimes I reread my favorite books from back to front. I start with the last chapter and read backward until I get to the beginning. When you read this way, characters go from hope to despair, from self-knowledge to doubt. In love stories, couples start out as lovers and end as strangers. Coming-of-age books become stories of losing your way. Your favorite characters come back to life.
If my life were a book and you read it backward, nothing would change. Today is the same as yesterday. Tomorrow will be the same as today.”
- “It’s a hard concept to hold on to–the idea that there was a time before us. A time before time.
In the beginning there was nothing. And then there was everything.”
- “But the difference between knowing it and seeing them in person is the difference between dreaming of flying and flight.”
- “Just because you can’t experience everything doesn’t mean you shouldn’t experience anything.”
- “‘Don’t die,’ he says.
‘I won’t,’ I say back.”
- “prom·ise (ˈpräməs) n. pl. – es. 1. The lie you want to keep. [2015, Whittier]”
- “I’ve read many more books than you. It doesn’t matter how many you’ve read. I’ve read more. Believe me.”
- “Olly’s math says you can’t predict the future. It turns out that you can’t predict the past either. Time moves in both directions – forward and backward – and what happens here and now changes them both.”
- “Here is my secret. It’s quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.”
- “I was happy before I met him. But I’m alive now, and those are not the same thing.”
- “Maybe we can’t predict everything, but we can predict some things. For example, I am certainly going to fall in love with Olly.
It’s almost certainly going to be a disaster”
- “The world isn’t going anywhere.”
So those were my favorite quotes from Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon! I hope that you enjoyed this post and that you had a good ole’ time reading these quotes. Leave a comment down below telling me what your favorite Everything, Everything is! Is it on this list? Is it not? Tell me in the comments! Don’t forget to give this post a like, a share, and follow my blog by email! Stay tuned for the next installment in the quote saga!!
I will have a new post up soon, so I will see you then!